Expansions and Add-ons
The nefarious Marquise de Cat has seized the great woodland, intent on harvesting its riches. Under her iron rule, the many creatures of the forest have banded together. This Woodland Alliance will seek to strengthen their presence by building hideouts and launching missions to subvert the rule of the cats.
In this effort, the Alliance may enlist the help of the Vagabonds, who are able to move through the more dangerous woodland paths. Though some may sympathize with the Alliance’s hopes and dreams, these wanderers are old enough to remember the great birds of prey who once controlled the woods.
Meanwhile, at the edge of the region, the proud, squabbling Eyrie have found a new commander whom they hope will lead their faction to reclaim their ancient birthright. The stage is set for a contest that will decide the fate of the great woodland. It is up to the players to decide which group will ultimately take root.
With the kingdom in ruin the Marquise gathered her warriors within her keep, the end was imminent. The Eyrie commanders had outmanuvered her at every turn only to gather their forces and strike. But as the Eyrie warriors overran the many woodland clearings their supplies began to vanish, some suspected that not every bird in their ranks could be trusted. As the Eyrie prepared for their final assult on the keep great explosians thundered through the treetops. Many roosts were reduced to rubble, the proud leaders of the Eyrie scwabbled, and as the dynasty fell into disaray the members of the Corvid Conspiricy slipped into the forest.
The Conspiracy had won the day and upset the balance of power in the woodland but not even they were able to realize the consequances of their actions. While their agents looked for a new base of operations beneath the foundation of the forest the great Undreground Duchy looked for new domains to master. Millitant lords were elected to Parliment and new tunnels extended their reach to the bright unspoiled lands above. Soon the Duchies armies would march to war.
A Complete List Of All Root Stuff
(Note: Bold marks something that adds something to the game and is not just purely aesthetic. It costs $210 to get all of the bolded products, not including the Upgrade Set. Some bolded products I got through Kickstarter but are preorder at the moment. This list will update as more is added.)
- Exiles and Partisan Deck: https://leder-games.myshopify.com/collections/full-catalog/products/root-the-exiles-and-partisans-deck
- Resin Clearing Markers: https://leder-games.myshopify.com/collections/full-catalog/products/root-resin-clearing-markers
- Fall/Winter Playmat: https://leder-games.myshopify.com/collections/full-catalog/products/root-playmat-fall-winter
- Mountain/Lake Playmat: https://leder-games.myshopify.com/collections/full-catalog/products/root-playmat-mountain-lake
- Base and Riverfolk Bags: https://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/drawstring-bags-for-use-with-root
- Upgrade Set (not needed unless you have an old copy): https://leder-games.myshopify.com/collections/full-catalog/products/root-upgrade-kit
I personally either have all of the above and can attest to their quality and worth. If you have any more please post on the subreddit r/rootgame and I will add them.
- Box Organizer: https://www.amazon.com/Gaming-Trunk-Organizer-Root-Woodland/dp/B07ZY86DCS/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3TRIO4DTYETWJ&dchild=1&keywords=root+clockwork+expansion&qid=1591910921&sprefix=root+clockwork%2Caps%2C221&sr=8-5
- Woodland Alliance Plushie: https://leder-games.myshopify.com/collections/full-catalog/products/root-victory-mouse-plush-collectible